Slider

Something A Little Prettier

Wednesday 12 October 2016


Okay, so here's the post I was actually going to put up yesterday but decided to write something else lol

I did this bodypaint a few weeks ago in an evening when my parents weren't home (it sounds worse than it is - it's easier to do when they're not around because they laugh too much at me!), and I wanted to do something really kind of intricate and detailed and just pretty because I hardly ever do things like that and it's something I enjoy doing. I'm getting my fair share of disgusting SFX stuff from Phantom of the Opera at the moment, which we're putting on at school and yours truly is making all the prosthetics! It's the biggest piece of prosthesia I've ever done so I'm very excited. But as I said, that's fulfilling my slightly twisted, gory side so I thought I'd try and do something a bit prettier.











I've been super inspired lately by the work of Elsa Rhae, who's a bodypainter I watch on YouTube, and she's so ridiculously talented and I'm in love with her work. She does a lot of henna/menhi inspired art and I've kind of fallen in love with it too. It does test my artistic ability a lot more than my normal art, as it's so detailed and intricate, but that's what I love about it - it really pushes me to try and do the best I can.

So hold your breath, lads - there's a long product list for this one.

Eyes:

- Urban Decay Half Baked on the lid, Blackout in the crease and Snakebite to blend it all out and repeated on the lower lashline, with Half Baked in the inner corner
- Zoeva gel liner topped up with L'Oreal Superliner
- Diego Dalla Palma Lash Booster mascara (literally my favourite mascara ever)
- Eylure and Fleur De Force Fleur Loves lashes (yep, still in love with these eyelashes)
- NYX Tame and Frame brow pomade

Face:

- Revlon Skinlights Photoready Illuminator to prime
- L'Oreal True Match foundation in 1C (still the only drugstore foundation that matches my skintone)
- Seventeen Stay Time concealer in Extra Fair to highlight under eyes, chin, nose and forehead
- Sleek Cream Contour kit in Fair, darkest colours to contour and lightest colour to highlight
- Sleek Solstice highlight palette, Equinox mixed with Subsolar on nose, cheekbones, forehead and cupid's bow


Lips:


- MAC Half Red lipliner
- Bourjois Rouge Edition lipstick in Shade 14
- Black from iMagic flash palette for the ombre
- Urban Decay Half Baked on the centre of the lips


Body:

- Mehron black Paradise Paint
- Gold from iMagic flash palette (because I don't have $99 to spend on the real deal haha)

I really hope you all like this look and I might just try and do some more for you in the near future, maybe when things calm down a bit!

Emilia xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan