Slider

My MAC Palette & Swatches

Thursday 28 July 2016





This post has been long. awaited. I slotted the last four eyeshadows into my palette yesterday after buying them with my birthday money (I've had a tough couple of days so it was retail therapy - just roll with it). I bought my 15 pan eyeshadow palette back in November at the #tbloggers meetup we had in Covent Garden. It usually takes most people a year or two to fill theirs up...mine? Nah, eight months to the day I do believe. Acheivement or what?

I bought one shadow when I got the actual palette, then I got four (!) for Christmas, and the other 9 I bought myself. You might notice that that doesn't add up to 15, and you'd be right, it doesn't...that's because I depotted a much loved Natural Collection eyeshadow and slotted that in as well...so technically I've cheated but it's okay. My mum couldn't tell the difference.

It's so satisfying having it full, not going to lie. This has got to be my favourite eyeshadow palette I own, just because it's custom and I've chosen every shade in it, it's my absolute baby.

(I've also put links to any pictures on my Instagram(s) that I'm wearing these colours in that you can have a look at!)


(L-R) Shroom, Omega, Kid, Natural Collection Milk Chocolate, Quarry
Expensive Pink, Haux, Woodwinked, Sable, Antiqued
Folie, Brown Down, Coppering, Cranberry, Plumage



Shroom - satin, soft beige with shimmer I love this colour for highlighting the inner corner and browbone when I want something a little more interesting going on up there 

Omega - matte, soft muted beige-taupe I originally bought this for my eyebrows as it's a very cool toned shadow, but I've since moved onto something a little darker and now use this as a transition colour (this photo)

Kid - matte, warm-toned brown I got this for Christmas, but now can't seem to find it on the MAC website, but I like this when I do a warm toned brown smokey eye (this photo kind of)

Quarry - soft muted plum brown This is so similar to Buon Fresco from the Anastasia Beverly Hills palette and I love this sort of colour just for a little bit of definition in the crease, and for blending out darker colours such as Folie, Sable or Cranberry

Expensive Pink - veluxe pearl, pink with duochrome This is possibly the most beautiful rose gold colour, it''s got golden shimmer running through it and it's just so pretty. I love this all over the lid with Cranberry in the crease or just on it's own for a hint of shimmer

Haux - satin, soft muted rosy brown I adore this for a simple look all over the eye or blending out other darker shadows. It's quite similar to Quarry but a little pinkier so it goes perfectly with Cranberry or Sable. It also works really well with Plumage too. (this photo)

Woodwinked - veluxe pearl, warm antique gold This is so beautiful all over the lid with Brown Down in the crease, or if you want something a little different it goes amazingly with Plumage as they both have that sort of old-timey vintage look about them

Sable - frost, gold plum with bronze pearl This is maybe my favourite shadow from the whole palette, I'm just actually in love with it. It looks so beautiful with Quarry or Haux blending it out or with Brown Down in the crease (this photo or this one)

Antiqued - veluxe pearl, ash brown with bronze This is the most amazing coppery colour and I can't get over the beauty of this colour. It complements green/blue eyes and pale skin perfectly and it's my favourite in the palette after Sable. I wear this all over the lid with Kid in the crease and a little bit of Brown Down in the outer corner (this photo but there is a Snapchat filter so not too sure how true the colour is)

Folie - satin, reddish plum brown Because this is a warm toned shade it looks so good with an orangey eyeshadow blended into the crease. I love it with ABH Raw Sienna or Burnt Orange for a really soft gradient. It also goes really well with Sable and Haux. (this photo)

Brown Down - veluxe, teddy bear brown This is quite a warm toned brown so looks so good with orange toned eyeshadows, and I also adore it with Sable. Sable, I swear to god is one of the most versatile eyeshadows ever. As is Brown Down, actually, it goes with most of the colours in this palette and it's my go to brown smokey shade. (this photo, this one or this one)

(you might notice we now go into my brighter/more daring shades. Believe me, it's daring for me)

Coppering - veluxe pearl, orange copper OMG this colour! I think it makes me look like I have pinkeye but I don't really care, it's such a beautifully true copper and I love it blended all over the crease with Brown Down, as you can see in THIS tutorial! (this photo or this one)

Cranberry - frost, red plum with pink shimmer This was the first eyeshadow I bought for my palette so it's very special to me. This is incredible with Brown Down in the crease or just on it's own and blended out with a little bit of Haux or Quarry. (this photo or this one)

Plumage - matte, dusky peacock Possibly the craziest colour I own and it looks so scary in the pan but in reality it's not that dark or bright. This looks SO good in the crease with Antiqued or Woodwinked, or run under the lower lashline with Antiqued on the lid, and I can also imagine how amazing it'll look all over the lid and blended out with some warm orangey browns



Whew. So that's it, that is my completed MAC palette! It's my pride and joy and I genuinely look at it every day like "...wow..." It's also the most expensive makeup item (actually scratch that, the most expensive thing) I own as it collectively adds up to £162.50 which is sort of scary as it's pretty valuable! 

Let me know if you want any tips for starting your own palette and I might just do a post on that

Emilia xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan