Slider

I Wish We Were Butterflies

Thursday 21 July 2016






"I almost wish we were butterflies, and lived three short summer days - days with you I could fill with more delight than fifty years could ever contain."

What do you do when you have a load of old, pretty makeup packaging and some sticky butterflies lying around? Well, you cut out more butterflies and stick em on yourself with liquid latex, cover yourself in highlighter and white dots, paint a couple pretty flowers here and there, add in a few posey shots and you're done.

(My nose is so wonky I hate it.)

So the products I used are as follows...


Body
- Butterfly stickers from Hobbycraft (stuck on with a little bit of liquid latex)
- Makeup packaging I've had lying around forever
- Ayliss iMagic flash palette (bc cheapskate) 
- NYX white eyeliner

Eyes
Natural Collection "Milk Chocolate" eyeshadow for initial transition shade
Sleek Makeup Ultra Mattes V1 palette, shades "Cricket" and "Dragonfly" in the crease
Seventeen Wild Metallic eyeshadow in "Wild Nude" as a base
Urban Decay Naked 2 "Verve" over top
Makeup Revolution "White Light" eyeshadow from the Eyes Like Angels palette in inner corner and browbone
- Brows are NYX Tame and Frame brow pomade in blonde 

Face
Revlon Skinlights Photoready illuminator for that inner glow
L'Oreal True Match foundation in 1C (still to this day the only foundation I've found that matches my skin, all about dem cool tones)
Seventeen Stay Time concealer in Extra Fair to highlight 
Revlon highlighting palette in Bronze Glow for blusher
Makeup Revolution white highlight in the highlighting palette literally all over my face
Bourjois Chocolate Bronzer 
-Rimmel Stay Matte Powder

Lips
MAC "Velvet Teddy"
Tanya Burr lip gloss in "Chic"

I honestly think it's the most makeup I've ever had on my face at any one time, it sort of felt good to wash it all off lol. I'm not really sure of the concept behind this but I do like the ethereal, whimsical look it gives, it's so different from what I usually do so that's probably why! I never normally do pretty things like this so it's nice to do something different for a change!

Hope you like this - if you recreate it post a picture on Instagram or Twitter and tag me in it!

Emilia xx

p.s. I have a strapless bra on teehee I'm not nekked

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan