Slider

Life In April & May Goals | Breakups, Holidays & Back On The Grind

Saturday 20 April 2019


I haven't done a post like this for so long!! But so much happened in April (and we've still got ten days left - sorry this is so early but honestly all that's happening in holiday and studying from now!) and I barely posted anything or updated anything and I feel like I need to explain (to my six..ish readers, hahaha the irony).


Not a lot went on in April, to be honest with you, as I spent most of it at home and on holiday, but the main reason I haven't been talking much is because my boyfriend and I have split up - it was a difficult decision for both of us but we haven't been happy for about a month or so so it was definitely the right thing to do. As I said in a previous post, people come into your life when you need them to and they leave your life when you need them to, not necessarily when you want them to, and these things come to a natural end. There's no point forcing something that just isn't there anymore. It's really sad, but I'm okay, we had an amazing six months together, and I wish him all the luck and happiness in the future. The breakup anthems are on and I'm already planning my 90s-romcom-esque post-breakup transformation!!

As you can imagine, a lot of my time has been spent on the breakup so everything else got pushed to the side a little! But I'm currently spending a lovely ten days in Cyprus with my family and our family friends from across the Channel in Germany in lieu of our usual Easter skiing break. Sun, sea and sand made a big change from snow, cold and swishing around ski slopes but we all enjoyed it and the holiday has definitely come at an excellent time for me!


Unfortunately I had to work (again) but that's normal - I actually can't remember the last skiing (or beach) holiday we all had together when I didn't have to work but that's just life when you're studying! I have two projects due on the 29th April but I'm well set up for the due date and can't wait to have them both out of the way! Then one exam coming up on the 21st May and I'm done with assessed uni this year, thank God. The jump from first year to second year was hard but I'm planning a post about it when I've finished and had all my grades back!


So May...what's on the cards? As I said, I literally have my exam and then heading home for May half term to work but that's about it. So I'm hoping to find some time to start exercising again (shouldn't be hard as I suddenly have a lot of free time - breakups am I right!) planking for a minute every day and eating a lot of greens in an attempt to find some abs/lose a little stomach podge before Parklife! If anyone has any tips in that area please let me know. Also, fake tanning. Where the hell do I start? Because you can bet I'm not taking my pasty-ass legs onto a festival field in June 😂

I'm continuing with trying harder again this month. Things have fallen by the wayside a little but I like to think I'm a seasoned expert in getting myself out of ruts now, so out of this rut we shall get and life shall continue on! I'd like to do well in this exam as I sort of flunked the essay and don't want to risk my first this year, I'd like to upload the six videos I have edited to YouTube and I'd like to start writing more and creating more makeup looks which all in all, shouldn't really be that hard. We got this 💪🏻

What are your May goals?

Em xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan