Slider

Staple Summer Makeup Products

Thursday 21 June 2018



Hello from very sunny and very beautiful Mallorca!! I am in fact writing this while sat in my kitchen, still stuck in dingy England, however I'm trying to go on a bit of a social media detox this week so therefore I'm scheduling lots of content now #realblogger #organised !!

So today I thought I'd show you some of my staple summer makeup items - I haven't done a makeup post in so long so thought it was about time. If you want to see some of the looks I do with these products you can head on over to my Instagram - serving fresh looks constantly! I did want to call this post 'my travel makeup bag' because if you're anywhere near as addicted to makeup as me you'll know the struggles of only taking a portion of your makeup collection on holiday rather than the entire thing, so I've only got my staples here with me so thought I'd chat a little about them.

Sleek 'Life's A Peach' blush

You'd be right in thinking I use this as an eyeshadow more often than not! It's such a soft peachy orange colour and looks gorgeous blended into the crease as a transition shade before layering darker oranges and pinks on top. The texture is so soft and it actually looks lovely as a blusher too, but I did buy it purely for the eyeshadow qualities!! Because it's a blusher, it doesn't pack quite as much pigment as an eyeshadow would but that also means it's incredibly buildable.

NYX Strobe of Genius palette

I love love love these highlighters - a gorgeous glow is definitely a must have for the summer and this palette offers so much choice. The golden white one is perfect for an all over glow, I use the bronzey pinky one as a blush and the lilac one looks beautiful with pink-toned eyeshadows. Just love it really. I'm the type of person that literally puts highlighter everywhere and it stays so wonderfully on my collarbones and shoulders too (I did mean everywhere)

Jeffree Star 'Rose Matter' liquid lipstick

This is a shade I've recently fallen in love with, I've had it for ages but it's quite a bright pink so felt quite self-conscious in it, but recently whipped it out again and have been loving it!! It goes with so many different eye looks and is such a lovely shade of pink, not too bright but not too dark, just the perfect petal shade. It's already a well known fact that the JS liquid lipsticks are my favourite formulas, I could wax lyrical for so long about them!


NYX Vivid Bright eyeliners

I loooove my colours when it comes to summer and one of the best products for adding a pop of colour to a normal eye look are these eyeliners - they apply so easily, the colours are so pigmented and they honestly can transform anything. The pink looks so good with Rose Matter lipstick and the bright blue compliments orangey toned eyeshadows so much, they're honestly just the perfect thing to spice up your summer makeup bag. (not all pictured bc I didn't bring them all with me hahahaha can you imagine)

Sleek Ultra Mattes V1 palette

I've loved this palette for a reeeeally long time but only just managed to figure out how to wear birght colours and make them look good - I kind of can't go a day without using this palette now! The yellow and orange look so cool blended out together and with the purple all over the lid. I'm still not sure about the greens and blues but I'm getting there!

And that brings me to the end of a few products I definitely couldn't live without in the summer. Hope you enjoyed this quick little post and I'll see you again in a few days time (hopefully)

What are your staple summer products?

Em xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan