Slider

Paris In 48 Hours | Louvre, Musee d'Orsay & Eiffel Tower

Sunday 9 September 2018


READ ME FIRST!!!!

On Thursday, we got up a little later and had a bakery breakfast of a proper French croissant which was so delicious, and then we headed straight to the Louvre (free entry with passports again) and had a good wander around. Both of us (while not the best artists - Rhiannon is much better than me) can appreciate art quite well so we gave ourselves plenty of time to explore the Louvre, and since we got there about fifteen minutes after it opened it wasn't toooo busy and we hardly had to queue to enter. Also got to see the famed Mona Lisa which was pretty cool. Definitely got chills again!!




After the Louvre we headed across the bridge to Musee d'Orsay, again hit a bit of a slump due to some rather keen protestors in the Jardin du Tuileries who started harassing us a bit because they could obviously see we were tourists - it wasn't too dramatic and we walked away with all our belongings (I 'dropped' my purse and I wonder if in the scuffle someone had plucked it out of my bag but all my money was still in it and I still had my phone and passport so I genuinely do think it fell out accidentally and to give them their due, the women did give it back to me - was still slightly scary though so if anyone walks up to you in Paris asking if you speak English, learn "I don't understand" in a very obscure language and walk quickly away!!). But we made it to Musee d'Orsay in one piece and again had a hot chocolate and a snack, had a wander round the Gaugin and Van Gogh exhibitions, as well as the amazing Impressionist exhibition and left feeling much happier.


We then hopped on the metro again and zipped up to the Eiffel Tower to see it in the daylight and oh boy - this was definitely my favourite part, it's absolutely breathtaking in real life, the sheer scale of it is just amazing. We paid €8 to go up the lift to the 2nd floor and it was just amaaaazinnggggg I have no other words!! We did some photo taking and location scouting from the top and then went back down to take photos at said locations. And then, a little wander to the Rachmaninoff Conservatoire because Rhiannon loves Rachmaninoff and wanted to take a picture of it, before hopping back on the metro and going to Champs-Elysees to complete our Paris in 48 hours!! We went to Pomme de Pain for a late lunch (kinda like Subway but French...) before heading to (you guessed it) Sephora!! We were in there for what felt like hours and yes I did come away with one Fenty product (will perhaps feature in a post sometime soon!) and I LOVE IT. Then we wandered up to Arc de Triomphe, took our last photos and headed back to the metro to the hostel.





That evening was really nice actually - we actually spoke to the other girls in our hostel room! We weren't really there that much so didn't get much chance but (typically the last night) we all chatted and got to know each other a bit more and went out for Vietnamese food which was really nice! A few of us had some face masks too which we did that evening in the room which caused much hilarity - it was my first try using a sheet mask and I have to say I didn't enjoy it that much but my skin does feel slightly smoother from it I guess!! Then we all turned in and that was about the end of our trip!! Friday morning the flight was at 8:00 and after a mad dash through the airport (give yourself more time at CDG because they have passport control in Departures as well as Arrivals which means you have to stand in more queues for longer) I made it onto the flight - Rhiannon came back separately on the train - and got back to the house at about 10am and wow. It's been an exhausting few days I have to say but I've enjoyed it immensely and it was such a good introduction into the 'travelling alone/with friends' thaaang because I've never done that before but decided I quite like it!! We're already planning our next city break...

Have you ever been to Paris? If so, what were your best bits?!

Em xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan