Slider

Life In September & October Goals

Tuesday 2 October 2018



Whew. Once again, long time no speak. Or long time no read, perhaps? Anyway, just long time no whatever once again.

September. What. A. Month.

I mean it. It's been one of those months - an absolute rollercoaster. It started off with a beautiful few days in Paris with my best friend and housemate Rhiannon (you can read all about it here and here!) which was the best time ever. We headed back to Manchester straightaway to just settle into our new house and have a bit of time before getting stuck back into uni - I had my library training and then started the job during Freshers' which has gone really well, I've had so much fun and met so many interesting people doing it so it's been a really great experience. I've only had a week of proper lectures but it's going great so far, I'm on an American Spaces module that I wasn't too enthused about but after an entire session I'm feeling much better about it - my tutor is super enthusiastic and the units seem really fun. My film module looks the best so far, we're studying musicals next week which as you can guess it's a dream come true for me.

Unfortunately, September hasn't entirely been sunshine and happy things, I've had a really tough mental health time too, had a bit of a breakdown and didn't stop crying for about a week, so combine that with a bout of freshers' flu it hasn't been the best time! But I'm coming out the other side now and it's always been worse than this. Back onto the positive side, I think now is a good time to tell my readers I'm seeing someone (!) and it's going so well, nothing too serious yet but I'm very happy with him and just very excited for where it goes next. Me and the ex are now officially housemates but after a few loooong (long) chats we're finally on the way to becoming friends again and finding our friendship normality again which is the best way to handle the whole situation. Plus, it makes a really good sitcom plotline so watch out for that in ten years' time.

I also had a bit of excitement with my bike this month in the form of getting rather dramatically hit by a car while speeding up to a book group at uni - I was absolutely fine but my bike sadly wasn't, it's spent a bit of time in bike hospital getting the front wheel replaced but it's not as bad as it could've been! But, I lived to tell the tale and that's all that matters. So, October goals anyone?

I'm not going to say I'm doing Blogtober because as university picks up and life starts settling and getting busy again I won't be able to sustain posting every day but I have a good ol' bunch of ideas that I'm going to be getting out onto the blog this month. The goal here is just to post. At least post the ideas I've got and even if that's not every day then that's fine. I'd also like to try making a monthly vlog in preparation for Vlogmas, perhaps try doing weeklies in November and picking up with the makeup tutorials again. It's a pretty huge one but somewhat feels more achievable now.

I'd also really like to get back to the gym this month, it's been about a month since I last went due to a flare up of sciatica and while I've been keeping active with cycling I really do miss going so I want to try a minimum of 3 times a week - anyone got any tips on getting back into it after time off training?

I'm going to leave it there, I think, just because I've pushed myself too hard in other months and given myself way too much to try and acheive so hopefully this way I'll actually get something done!!

What are your October goals?

Em xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan