Slider

Life in May & June Goals

Thursday 13 June 2019


Oh deary me, I can't believe I'm back here writing another update post - I literally don't know what on earth happened to May, I seemed to spend most of it in the library prepping for an exam and working!

Speaking of libraries, I actually...finished second year in May. Yep, I can't quite believe it either and to be honest, I felt very weird about it, I kind of had a meltdown over the fact I really don't know what to do with myself or my future and I'm really not ready for things to change but I do have another year before I need to start thinking...so waters are calm for now.


I got a bunch of other university results in this month too - your gal is on course for a 2.1, which isn't bad but I really did want a first. I also think I need to learn how to stop pressuring myself though and accept that a 2.1 is still absolutely brilliant haha. Tips on that would be appreciated!

I got back into exercising and running over May too, which has really helped. I had a bit of a post-exam post-breakup breakdown and spent a lot of time very sad and crying a lot, and exercise always helps me when I'm feeling a bit shite. I'm planning some posts about mental health soon as it's something I need to start talking about again but that's all in the works. The running is going very well and I'm already noticing myself becoming stronger which is a feeling I honestly just love. The feeling of invincibility, in a way. It's wonderful.



I feel like this month has been a little bit of discovering myself. I think you change over the course of a relationship and fitting yourself into someone else's life and I think getting back to who you are and finding who you are outside of that life is one of the hardest things I've found post-breakup. But I think slowly and surely I am finding myself again and remembering who I was pre-boyfriend and who I am post-boyfriend and after learning a lot about love. There's a long way still to go but with a little help from my friends and trying some new things (poetry, painting, putting myself out there) I'm definitely getting there.

June is a fun month! I've already done Parklife festival with Fran and her friend from London, and am planning some posts about my first-time festival experience and going to festivals with anxiety so more about Parklife soon! June is quite exciting as I'm staying in Manchester for some extra-curricular classes I'm taking for extra-credit, which basically involves telling stories to children and I get to do a placement with that too which is so much fun. I've got a haircut planned (finally), a spoken word performance and a house move to round off the month (blogposts also planned on this topic too). Just a little bit more discovering myself and taking it slowly I think.

What did your Mays look like? And any goals for June?


Em xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan