Slider

Unseen Bits // 5th - 11th August

Thursday 15 August 2019


Okay so HI. It's time for another Unseen Bits post where I tell you about all the stuff that happened in my week around what you see on social media. The week in this post (yes, I am SO aware that this was several weeks ago but life has been less than ideal recently - please forgive me) was actually spent up in Manchester hanging out with my pals there, so while I don't have a lot of pictures I do have some updates. Also, I promise I will get better at detailing this closer to the time rather than needing several months to pull it together...promise.

MONDAY 5TH AUGUST
An early(ish) start to jump on the 11.50 train up north! So very exciting. I decided to head back up just for a break, to see my friends and just to have a bit of fun before heading back to work. Monday was mostly spent travelling and then spending the night at a "friend's" house...wink wink. One of our other housemates Lewis had moved into our house at this point too so seeing him was lovely.


TUESDAY 6TH AUGUST
Was, I think, the laziest day I've had in a very long time. I spent it at my "friend's" house eating lasagna and ice cream and just being lazy, which, like I said, I haven't done in a long long time so it felt good to not have any pressure to do anything for a whole day.


WEDNESDAY 7TH AUGUST
 Wednesday started bright and early with a doctor's appointment at 8.30. I saw the doctor a while ago with symptoms of anaemia and had some blood tests so I finally managed to get an appointment to discuss the results of those tests. In short, I have folate-deficiency and iron-deficiency anaemia so am on a few months of medication for both, after which we're going to sort out a diet/nutrition plan to see if I can make the numbers up myself rather than having to stay on medication because that shit?? is expensive. £18 for a folic acid and ferrous sulphate prescription? I think not.

The work on our new floor in our student house began on Wednesday as the builders had to come and level it, so Rhiannon and I popped into town to have a gander and drop into the Waterstones cafe (our haunt) for a nice lil catchup over coffee before she caught a train to see her boyfriend and I headed home to see the same "friend".


THURSDAY 8TH AUGUST
 I'm beginning to realise what a lazy week this was...my "friend" hung out alllll day Thursday with me and stayed Thursday night too so naturally we did very little for a whole day, except cook a monster of a macaroni cheese (I'm telling you, it was insanely good).

FRIDAY 9TH AUGUST
My "friend" said goodbye to me for another month :( and I hopped back on a train down south to get ready for working at the weekend. I began reading An Edited Life which I got for my birthday and will be in a "books I read recently" post soon but for now just know that I'm definitely enjoying it and I think I'm definitely feeling like my life is in need of a good pulling together (anyone else feeling like this atm or is it just me...?)


SATURDAY 10TH AUGUST
Oh this day was fun. That was said very sarcastically as I headed back to my little farm cafe job on the 10th - I love working there so much but god it's a tiring job (I can firmly say nearly a week and a few more shifts later I'm exhausted) so Saturday called for a lot of patience and a lot of coffee.

SUNDAY 11TH AUGUST
It was this day that I realised I should not be working on a sprained ankle...I was sent home early on Saturday as it had decided to swell up again and Sunday called for an icing on the kitchen floor at about 4pm...it's gradually getting better but being on my feet every day isn't helping so much!!



What are your unseen bits recently?

Em xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan