Slider

Thrift Finds & Stripy Shorts

Saturday 3 February 2018


Okay so firstly, have you ever taken a bunch of outfit photos and then not known what to write about?  Because same. Honestly, I'm just going to write about the outfit so I mean it's not that exciting! I've had one of those bad weeks this week where mentally I'm okay but I just can't be bothered to manage time and diet and food and general daily functioning. Cue days spent in bed with blankets and the boy watching six episodes of Friends at a time between naps and garlic bread breaks. I'm going to put my hands up and admit I haven't been to the gym this week, I've been to uni twice and eaten terribly but sometimes you've got to accept a bad week for what it is and put it in a box with the rest and make the next one a good one, right?! Later today though we are finally signing the tenancy agreement for our new house for second year so that'll be a small victory at least.


My thrift find of this month definitely comes in the shape of this jacket. It's a dark green/grey/brown colour (honestly no clue how to describe the colour) and it's made of corduroy and it was £10 from the Thrift Shop on the corner of Piccadilly in Manchester. And honestly, I adore it. It probably belonged to a 14 year old boy back in 1993 when these were actually fashionable - in fact Joey on Friends actually has a jacket exactly like this so you see what I mean about the 90s vibe. It's so comfy though and it feels well worn in and loved. I also love the size of the pockets (weird point but needed) and how well it goes with literally everything. Mom jeans, skinny jeans, skirts, dresses, shorts, going out outfits, daytime outfits, pyjamas for a 2am McDonalds run...

Let's move on.


The next thing I wanted to chat about were these shorts. I mean...I got them for £8 in the New Look sale (hey, it counts if it's charity shop prices, right?) and honestly I love them. I pulled out all the art hoe stops in this outfit purely because we visited the Manchester Art Gallery with uni - if you like art galleries definitely check this out! There's such a range of work there so you'll find something to grab your attention. It's also free entry so what more can you want?!

me bezzie harry also looking pretty art hoey in the art gallery

I'm not going to lie, I love art galleries! They make me feel so very cultured and when you get to wander around writing poetry/prose inspired by art it all feels very creative. I wrote a little sketch of a mum who takes her kids to a gallery to get them to absorb some culture but they're having none of it and insist on playing with the giant foamy Jenga blocks the entire time. Can you tell I'm a little more into satirical writing?!

If you're in Manchester I'd highly recommend checking out MAG and definitely the Whitworth - the Whitworth is a little smaller but they have an amazingly beautiful cafe and some excellent exhibitions. I live right across the road from the Whitworth so it's so easy to pop in whenever there's one that interests me, it's definitely a perk of my location!



Other art hoe stops include broken shoes and French braids but in reality the French braids are because I couldn't be bothered to wash my hair. I also wore the shorts later on though when we went out last night - yes, my throat is now sore af and I can't really function - with a nice black bodysuit and platform boots so needless to say they were a good investment. I do love a piece you can wear day or night.

So there's a little update on bad weeks and my love for stripy shorts and art galleries. Feels like a bit of a random post but I'm stuck for ideas at the moment and had a bunch of photos I wanted to write something for so don't @ me.

What are your thoughts on "bad weeks"?

Em xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan