Slider

Life In January & February Goals

Wednesday 31 January 2018


I'm writing this post realising I never actually did a general 2018 goals post so there's that - I'm an excellent blogger, can you tell?!


Ellie took these oh-so-posey pictures of me today so I thought why not go for it and do my life in January post and just have a chat about life in general - going back to uni, getting back into the swing of student life and just all of that good stuff. But before we do can I just say (as every other blogger probably has) that I really can't believe January is over? It feels like it's gone on forever yet at the same time it feels like we were "cheers-ing" at the New Year just yesterday!

So yes, I am now back at uni, second semester is fully kicked off and uni life is slowly starting to feel like the norm again. Save for a meltdown a few weeks ago we have had no breakdowns so far which, considering how high my anxiety levels have been recently, is pretty good going I'd say! The daily grind of lectures, seminars, gym, dashing around like a headless chicken is definitely a go and I'm feeling good about it right now. I've been on four nights out so far since being back and I haven't died which really helps, I've eaten well and have made much more of an effort with athletics and gym. The weather has definitely been getting me down, I always feel like I get January blues so much more  than other people do - please tell me it's not just me that is wishing winter away for warmer weather! February starts this week though which does bring us another month closer to sun and it also brings the promise of a week at home which I'm hugely looking forward to.


This outfit was honestly thrown together in about five minutes - Ellie texted me saying she was outside my accommodation when I'd just got out of the shower ten minutes before. That's what you get for an impromptu Monday night out I guess?! I have to say I'm quite glad I've managed to become a little more immune to hangovers since being at university, I won't lie!!

Another blessing from this month came in the form of my best friend Kat who came to visit me the weekend just gone. We had a lovely lovely time together wandering around the Whitworth, Northern Quarter and town centre, I feel like we both needed to see someone from home - she's in Leeds so she relates a lot to my struggles of being so far from home so some long old girly chats were much needed with each other. She also got on so well with my gal pals here which is always a lovely thing to happen.

HOW GOOD DO MY ARMS LOOK IN THIS. (save for the blur of course)

February Goals

- Squat 50kg. I'm doing 25-30 at the moment so I reckon doubling that in four weeks shouldn't be too hard. I know to some of you that'll literally sound like nothing but I did only start a much more rigorous weight training programme since being back at uni so don't judge me! We've all gotta start somewhere.

- Vlog much more. I really caught the vlogging bug during Vlogmas, and since absolutely binging Catcreature videos it's honestly all I want to do. The downside is that I live an extremely boring and samey life every day but what I loved about Vlogmas was how it really forced me to go out and do things and just try and make everyday life feel a little more interesting.

- Actually keep up with my habit tracker. I am getting better at this but I'm hoping February will finally be the month I properly fill it out every single day.

- Try something new. By this I just mean branch out a little more. Ellie's invited me to go to her church with her at some point, and having been an agnostic since seriously questioning religion when I was about fifteen it does scare me a little bit but I'm definitely going to go with an open mind and just try something different. I also want to face my fear of public speaking and do a poetry open mic night at the end of the month - again Ellie is doing one tonight that we're all going to to support her and I reckon it'll give me so much more confidence to do my own.

- Run another sub-30 5k. I'm not going to lie - since being back at uni I haven't done parkrun once which is probably a very very bad thing but hopefully James and I will get back into the swing of it this month!



So proud of how long my legs look in this photo that I kind of can't get over it. It's all about the good camera angles people.


Coffee/tea dates with Ellie are always a must after a stressful blog photo session (I'm not even kidding, you have no clue how awkward I feel posing in a park when a bunch of random strangers are walking past every ten seconds. Something I'll have to get used to I guess!)

What have you been up to in January and what have you got planned for February?

Em xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan