Slider

An Ode To The Farleigh Jean

Wednesday 6 February 2019



I LOVE talking about jeans honestly. They're my absolute staple piece in my wardrobe, my favourite thing to wear day in, day out paired with a cute jumper or bodysuit or nice top for a night out, basically the most amazing thing since sliced bread. And 2019 is such a wonderful time for the jean! There are so many types of jeans, so many different lengths, sizes, cuts, shapes, styles, materials, colours - and today we're gonna be talking about the mom jean.

I'm going to be honest here and say I honestly don't know the difference between a mom jean and a boyfriend jean - I have a pair from Old Navy that are described as boyfriend jeans but I can't really tell the difference between those and these...but hey, these are described as mom jeans so that's what we're going to go with I guess. (Also on a sidenote, my fellow Brit girls - how do we say mom? Like...m-o-m or do we say mum?)

Those of you who know me, or follow my socials (sidebar to your right, Instagram for life together, Twitter for life falling apart) will know that I've been searching for the perfect mom jean for a long time. High waisted (af), the perfect mix between straight and skinny and fits waist, bum and legs all in one go. And do you know what, pals? As soon as the ASOS Farleigh jean "walked" into my life (get it) I found it. 

Let's just talk about these jeans for a second. They're honestly incredible. I'm a 28/32 in jeans and I do roll the ends up because I love the cropped look (why don't you just buy them shorter, you ask? It's all about the aesthetic, my friend) but they really do fit me perfectly. I always struggle to find jeans that are baggier but also flatter my butt and waist as well and these just hit the spot perfectly. I also do have a belt on just for the aesthetic, not because I actually need it to hold them up too, and these ones shown in the photos are also the perfect shade of blue.

I believe they also have them in black, washed black and extreme washed black (which I have) and various other shades of blue too, they come in the Curve range, the petite range, the tall range and a range of other sizes too (we stan a diverse jean) and get this - they're only £32. I know that does seem like quite a lot of money but I feel like jeans are one of those things that you have to be prepared to spend a little more on for that perfect fit - I have had countless pairs of Primark and charity shop jeans that just don't fit properly and as a result I don't ever wear them. But at the end of the day, £32 isn't actually that bank-breaking for a good quality denim. Plus, ASOS always have 10% student discount and occasionally 20% too which is definitely handy. 

Basically, if you're looking for an amazing straight but still flattering mom jean, high waisted enough so it reaches your boobies and the most comfortable item ever (honestly, I can squat in these. says it all.) then you need these in your life. That's all I'm saying. They also go with so much - a cute cropped jumper, tight bodysuit, Air Force, Vans, teddy coat, anorak (!), bralette for a night out - literally everything, making them one of the most versatile pieces in my wardrobe.

What are your favourite mom jeans?

Em xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan