Slider

Life In January & February Goals

Thursday 31 January 2019


Oh hellooo friends!

Welcome back to my monthly round-up post! Haven't done one of these in a while (wow I posted some actual different content for once?) but I got some really nice photos yesterday and just needed a post to go along with them so here we are!



January....January January January. I always dread Januarys just because of the dreaded "January blues" but they haven't been too bad this year. I spent a lovely New Year with all my family and my boyfriend who came down to the south and had the biggest culture shock of his life! But it was an amazing few days and by far the best way to bring in the new year.

I headed back to uni and pretty much moved into the library after Christmas - if you haven't already, make sure you head over to my YouTube channel to catch my deadline season vlog! Essentially, I spent sixteen days in the library and there were a lot of tears - I leave everything to the last minute which means I'm always rushing everything I do which is terrible and I need to stop!! But my confidence was boosted with a 75% in one module - 3 more results to collect and then I'll see how much recovering I'll need to do at the end of the year! I also hit 300 subscribers on YouTube which means the world so head on over to join the ranks if you're not already subscribed.


January is quite a big month in my family - my grandma had her birthday and my mum turned 50, and my parents celebrated 25 years of marriage! We spent a really great weekend celebrating in the Lake District, which is a place really special to all of us as we spent a lot of very happy time there when I was younger and it was so good to return for a few days. I'm not so okay at being back in Manchester - I think I always miss my parents so much more when I'm not seeing them but I'm fully throwing myself back into life here - I've begun applying for internships this summer, booked myself onto the ULaw Open Day for the GDL (yeah...your gal's gonna be a lawyer) and have a lot to be getting on with.

surely you can see why I love the Lakes so much????

I've decided to try something new this year and I'm taking up climbing with my older sister. We went to the Ambleside Climbing Wall while we were up in the Lakes and I had so much fun - I've only been to a bouldering centre once before and I was a lot younger so didn't really get the point of it but after the weekend it's something I'm really interested in getting into. I need to start doing some sort of exercise because I tell you, I am getting unhealthy again. So once again, my February goal is to get my s*** together but more for my health - start eating better and doing exercise and cycling to uni rather than getting the bus all the time...


I also want to try and up my content again - I'd love to get back into doing beauty posts and talking about makeup I'm loving and not so loving etc, what do you guys think? Let me know what sort of content you'd like to see! I also want to start talking about fashion a bit more, which is what I'll do right now about the coat I'm wearing in these photos - it's the 'Trixy' coat down from £65 to £30 in the LilyLulu sale and I love it. It's honestly the snuggliest, warmest coat I've ever worn, well worth the money and it goes with so much! Kept me super warm over the snow days and kept me looking cute at the same time. The pockets are also huge so I can basically keep everything I need in there including an entire meal deal. Look, if there's a selling point to students, it's pockets you can fit a meal deal in!  This blue jumper is actually from b.Young on Asos and you'd be right in thinking Rhiannon and I do indeed have matching ones - we own the same jumper and it most definitely was a conscious choice and if that isn't true friendship I don't know what is.

How have you been in January? 

Em xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan