Slider

2019 Bullet Journal Update

Saturday 5 January 2019


Ahhh it's here!! My blockbuster bullet journal 2019 setup. I had so much fun doing this, so I'm just going to hop straight in or I'll ramble forever and heck do we have a LOT to get through. I decided not to get an entire new bullet journal this year because I'm hoping this will take me to the end of this academic year and then I can start a new one next academic year as yes, I still have ONE of them left!!!! Who knows what we'll do after that though. (read: I'm not thinking about it)


I hugely used AmandaRachLee's video for this setup- we all know how much I love this girl, her style is just up my street and I will forever credit her with the reason why I got into bullet journalling, calligraphy and how I discovered an artistic side of myself I'd never seen before. So my 2019 title page is just very simple, hello 2019 in calligraphy and some big block capital letters. While Amanda's is all in black and white, I decided to put some colourful accents into mine in my favourite colours. I did a year at a glance between this and the next spreads but decided not to photography it because it's just not that interesting...


So the next two spreads are taken up by my future log. The point of the future log is to have the entire year written out in front of you, meaning you can pop in important dates each month and when it comes to your monthly logs you can refer back to this and see what you've got going on this month. I split my pages into three like Amanda did, did my titles in solid calligraphy and then a little calendar so I can colour in the dates of important things and write them down next to it.


These next two spreads look really cute in my opinion!! This is where I deviated from Amanda's video since I didn't want all the pages she had, so I've done a goals page like she did, but made it much smaller as I have quite a few less goals! I still liked the idea of splitting them up into categories, for me it makes them less overwhelming. If you want to read about my 2019 goals pop over to my last post!! The next is just my memories, so every time something good happens I'll write it down here and hopefully will have a full page by the end of the year!!


This spread is my ideas pages - YouTube and blogging is going to take off this year, I'm going to make absolutely sure of it, but I wanted to start brainstorming early. So every time I have an idea for a post, I'll write it down here and when it comes to my smaller monthly lists I'll refer back to this and see what I can still do.


And then we come onto my January spread!!! I used the same theme of snowflakes that I did for my December 2017 spread, but jut a bit simpler and toned down this time.




My calendar layout is pretty much exactly the same as always - I love this spread and this is where I pop all my things for this month in, and then when it comes to doing my weeklies I'll refer back to this. This is why the system woRKS, kids. As you can see, popped in a few cute snowflakes here and there and we're good to move on.



Again, habit tracker and ideas spreads exactly the same as always, I feel like these work so well for me at this point there's no point changing it if it's working? I put in this quote too to fill up some empty space which I really love.


And then my same as always boring weekly. I just love this layout, it just works for everything I need and while I've tried so so many weekly layouts I always find myself coming back to this one as it just has everything I need. I do also have my expense tracker on the next page but I'm thinking of doing an entire other post about how I track my finances etc etc so look out for that if it's something you're interested in.

And that's it for my bullet journal this year and for January. I love it so much and I think in the last part of 2018 I really cracked the system and how to use it properly so I think 2019 is going to be a much more organised year for me. Plus, when I have really good, pretty spreads I always find it motivates me to actually use it more!! 

Bullet Journal Products:
 - Leuchtturm 1917 dotted a5 journal
- Tombow dual brush pens (772, 837 for the pinks and 553 for the blue/lilac)
- Pentel Fude Touch sign pen (best. calligraphy. pen. ever.)
- Pigma Micron 0.3mm fineliner
- Pilot G2 07 gel pen (yes, I have moved on from my beloved 05)

What do your bullet journals look like this year?

Em xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan